Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pissed at Pee on Healthcare Reform

Up until now I have kept mum about this issue...."Healthcare Reform" As a nurse I see the need
on many different levels, but for now I am just going to pick one. And please no hate mail. I see so much money wasted...money that can go to the needed health care of children. I see people demanding expensive tests be done on their elder loved ones only to not follow through on needed surgeries, procedures, or Dr appointments that follow.......thousands of dollars are spent under medicaid or medicare for Cat Scans and MRI's or other extensive testing. Most of the time these tests are merely used to diagnose a medical problem that you or your loved one don't want to hear anyway or is ordered by the Dr because you or your loved one constantly complains about even though you know damn well you are not going to do anything about it,
and thats fine but what pisses me off is when family members then say:
"oh, that Dr. is a quack"...or....."I want a second opinion"......or...."my mother is too old to go back and forth to the doctor, she doesn't need any of this" and these conditions diagnosed by these expensive tests are blown off....only for the loved one to end up back in the emergency room.....................yes you got it......FOR MORE TESTING......so HEY if you are in that age bracket now where you are caring for your parents...slap slap....get with the program stop wasting my money...yes thats right MY MONEY...the money that comes out of my paycheck to pay for YOUR parent who pees in the Cat scan machine and has to have the test repeated on another day.........yes maybe the same day that your daughter or son needs expensive medicine that your insurance company doesn't cover. GET IT?