Thursday, May 7, 2009

Laughter

So I read an article that went on to say how researchers did a study on people who made themselves laugh every morning for 15 minutes and after three weeks optimism, positive emotions and social identification had increased..........wow this can be a very effective tool if you are living or working with someone who is a pain in the ass. Why are some people no fun? I am highly suspicious of people who don't laugh. One time someone told me that they didn't like music at all and NEVER listens to music and wouldn't listen to music. OKKKKKKKKKK..now thats weird...really I was speechless...what is your reply to someone who says that to you?......I don't even try to fake it, I can't...this person was a middle aged woman ( a scientist actually......oh maybe thats why) I told her she was nuts. How can you not like music, not laugh at jokes or enjoy smoking........OK forget that last one, I was just seeing if you were paying attention....and nooooooooo I am not smoking...I was just testing YOUR sense of humor...because if you have been following me you would know I quit smoking and YES I am still laughing despite it. So back to these people who are no fun...how do you think they got that way? Habit?....a habitual dud?...thats the study I want to read about...lets do research on these people I want to find out how these no fun people got that way. My first husband used to use the phrase "thats inappropriate"..........alot......."Oh thats just inappropriate!" .....same thing........no fun.......I love to laugh....I laugh at everything, I make myself cut up and do not take no fun people seriously.
I think in the meantime until we can come up with a scientific reason on why non fun people exist we should do what we can to make them laugh , I say we stick out our tongues at them
and make faces until they laugh...or do you think thats inappropriate?