Sunday, May 10, 2009

Life before Cougarism

I will never forget the first time I was seduced by a younger male...it was in the grocery store,
I was approached and what happened next verbally unnerved me....I thought he was on drugs.
I wasn't quite sure I wanted to accept what I heard so I went straight into denial and hurried out of the store..the whole thing disgusted me. I was mad, I did not like how it made me feel, and then it happened again......and again.........and again........I was single at the time, I preferred older men with
distinguished grey hair and wallets, however I did agree to go on a blind date with a gentleman from my friend's office who was younger.....about 12 yrs younger.....he was terrific..tall, dark
handsome, great build, great stamina and liked older women......(Screeching Halt)...Why?
Why do you like older women?.......money?...experience?.....The poor guy tried a million times over to squash my fears, but I clearly found it to be a turn off and I dumped him. I made everyone upset with the decision.....my girlfriend thought I was being unfair.......the girls at work thought I was being too picky...and my neighbor thought he was my brother....younger brother ( he liked his car). Soon after all this I met Norman and I felt safe again...this was a couple of years ago....It did not have a name yet.....the word "Cougar" is new but something tells me it has been around a long time just not in the open......men are more confident now...I am just wondering before cougarism just how did it work?...Norman told me that many many years ago an older woman fed him cold strawberries as he was excavating her property.........Well you see now for some reason I think thats ok. Life before cougarism women were in control, maybe that is what is so unnerving...the lack of control, either that or we no longer can just throw any old thing on and go to the store, ....what pressure.