Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Smoke free

Yes I am smoke free...I quit on April 10th. Armed with nicorette gum and a vacation to nervousland, I threw the empty pack of cigarettes in the garbage and proclaimed "this is it"
no more smoking.........no more.......nothing....notta.....asta livista cigareesta. So at once I recalled
the horrified look on my daughter's adolescent face when she read in the beautifully designed
booklet she received at school that nicotine ...yes the nicotine in cigarettes, is a harmful drug.
She was shocked and upset...I had to provide very quick damage control and hide the book on top of the refridgerator. This recollection actually did more harm than good....it made me think......while I was chewing my gum about all the help that was going to come my way just like
other junkies addicted to crack, heroine, etc. After all there are special clinics for them that our tax dollars pay for because they are addicted to a drug....and need help...yes...there must be somewhere I can go for my free methadone and a snack. After all according to the booklet nicotine is a Drug.....and I am addicted..............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ok.......sooooooooo lets get this straight nicotine is classified as an addictive drug...my tax dollars pay for other junkies to get help, but I am on my own................and lets see........friends and family had no problem bringing up the subject daily...but hey how come noone has said a word about it since I quit...yeah how come noone is saying...you quit , you quit , you quit, you need to stay quit!..........they are though saying......Have you gained weight since you quit?